Friday, October 3, 2008

The Mirror

I'm supposed to be dead. Am I dead? But I'm still breathing now. What happened? I thought I had already slit my wrist that night. I'm sure that I've been gone for seconds. But why am I lying on this hospital bed right now? Do I want to live?

There, my boyfriend came through the door. I knew him. But do I? I killed myself for him isn't it? He hurt me even worse than when I hurt myself. Inside of me had already died before I'm gone. I'm breathing but dying inside. Why?

I'm home now; in the very room where I try to die, in front of that mirror, the white floor that was covered with blood before had been clean off. But in my mind, it still is stained with blood, my own blood...

He lay beside me now, asleep. I almost closed my eyes when I heard his voice calling me. I looked at him but he is sound asleep. I thought he called me. But then I heard that very same voice calling to me. It came from the mirror.

I get up and went to the mirror. From inside the mirror, the voice asked me, "Do you remember?"

And memories floated my mind... on the other side of the mirror, the girl slit her wrist while me from this side of the mirror is dying out of an uncured disease. I wanted to live so much that my spirit flown out and went through the mirror to that other world and entered her body so that I can live...

As he stretch out his hands for me through the mirror, I grabbed it and went back to my world with this different body. From here, I can see that the guy from the other side of the mirror is looking for me, looking for something that he had left broken before, looking for something that no longer exist...

No comments: